Truth Trivia about yourself

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by chovynz, May 16, 2013.

1. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

I can program in basic <.>

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

In the 1920's I know the slang term for a person of power (a Relatively successful and wealthy corporate owner) was refered as "the Big Cheese."
    I also drove a train while I lived on the east coast (USA) while I was 9-11 years old. The engine was a white old shunter-body that was reconstructed, original design (if memory serves) was around the late 60's to early 90's.
    Lastly, and you may have guessed this from the last two sentences, I am very fond of history, especially WWII and how it changed the world for good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. jips456

jips456 New Member

I had my first lucid dream 3 days ago while on a beach trip.

My favorite food has been sushi since the 2nd grade.

I never exactly bought a "first game" because i was basically born with access to my older brother's games.

I am very bad at games where you must react fast (many first person shooters) which is how i made my way to loving minecraft.

When i was 4 i stuck my foot in the toilet (midflush) just to see what would happen and started crying because i didnt know what to do next or how to take it out or if i could ever take it out. My dad ended up having to pick me up entirely. (im also sad because this bathroom is in the process of being remodeled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. watkinni1

watkinni1 Active Member

Your kidding... Mine too... People started calling me hammer because of lacrosse when I broke a goalies cup.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

This actually happened this weekend (5/24-5/26/2013), I saw a B-29 bomber, fully operational, in a low-altitude flight over the grocery store where I work. It was a sight you don't see everyday, a great way to remember the troops and show a bit of living history in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  6. daisychain12345

I stand and shit, my motto is double s or your a pest.
    -.-

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

My real name means "Gods gift", or "Gift of God".
    Knowing this has carried me through many a dark day.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

This is back when I was shooting blanks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. daisychain12345

ahh makes sense back in the days of cavemen..jk

10. Dettles

Dettles Well Known Member

Sleep is not coming to me, so more facts about Dettles, hmm

~ I can contort my tongue into a 3 leaf clover shape, not sure what purpose it serves but I can do it lol

~ My pinky finger is super short. The actual knuckle is set further down in my hands for some reason so it looks like I have short pinky fingers xD

~ Rode horses competitively for about 10 years, miss it for sure.

~ I would much rather stay in on a Friday night watching a movie with people I care about or reading a book on my kindle then go out and party.

~ I wanted to learn how to play ice hockey not that long ago… unfortunately they shut the program down due to lack of participants at the rink closest to me.
    *sidenote: I can walk on skates with a 1/8” blade but will break my neck in heels

~ I am a hopeless romantic

~ I am very much a tomboy lol aka I don’t do pink and I only get dressed up if I have to or have a specific reason to haha

• Like Like x 4
  11. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

I like naruto. But not the english dubbed versions. I am learning Japanese just by watching a good quality anime!
    < bakadesu

All joking aside I love the Japanese cultures and would like to visit / live there one day.
    My households have had many Japanese boarders.
    I have an older "brother", we adopted each other when he lived with us for a year when he was studying in NZ.
    He's gone back to Japan and married now, but he visited recently and we went silly. :)

12. deathweek

deathweek Member

I see ghosts

• Ninja Ninja x 1
  13. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

I like Pikachu's, because of their adorableness.

Also like to point out that I like making pun jokes, maybe a little too much.

I also like to eat sushi, but only Spicy Tuna so far. I've experimented with Shrimp, Eel, and Crab sushi. The three taste good at first, but the further I chew them and taste 'em, the more I want to gag. Guess my mouth is picky with taste.

I'm also a big sucker for cats and nekos. The way their ears twitch and their tail wags, and that sweet, sweet voice when they meow. It's just so fucking cute and adorable. I don't mind dogs either, but I don't want to keep track of one. They're harder to take care of imo.

What else... Oh, and some people around my town called me a half-assed psychologist, because they kept telling me how I understood their feelings and how to deal with them, let their frustrations out, be understanding, and such.

...One punched me in the stomach because I said "Let your feelings out, and you'll feel better.", I did NOT say "Punch me so we can get this over with." Might be why I was called half-assed, since I wasn't always specific, but who knows?

• Like Like x 1
  14. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

I ... I actually... like the new Daft Punk song.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

as I posted in the music thread, I can't get enough of this version of it

• Like Like x 2
  16. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

Well, it worked. I bet he felt better.
    You could say, *puts on sunglasses" he went with the gut feeling...

17. PONM

PONM Well Known Member

- One time, Wynton Marsalis told me: "You did a really great job man"...it was one of the happiest moments of my life. (for those who don't know him, first of all you should, and second he's one of the greatest trumpet players to ever live)

- I've played music with 15 of my favourite well known musicians.

- (this one is for chovy) I just watched Naruto for the first time and had no idea what was going on 0_O

- I didn't talk for 3 months after joining minecraftserver, it was to ask BSPiotr for vetran :)

• Like Like x 5
  18. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

This video reminds me of something - those shorts that come 1/2 way up the body - Taylor Swift shorts, can make any woman look ugly.

19. emil_97

emil_97 Well Known Member

I'm sure they'd look bad on any man too... Except maybe Sacha Baron Cohen...

20. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

if that woman looks ugly, then a truth about myself is that I wish I were ugly

• Agree Agree x 1