DayZ Standalone Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by eightnine, Jan 3, 2014.

1. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

So, does anyone play them some DayZ? Originally a mod for ARMA II, DayZ is now its own game! It's available as an early access game in the Steam store. I picked up a copy (being a fan of DayZ) and figured I'd give it a go.

If you ever decide to play, hit me up, yo!

2. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

Er... Does Rust count? :3

3. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

Only got the arma II mod of it :p It's early access atm which means it way to buggy so not getting it atm

4. scotch222

scotch222 Well Known Member

Well lets see, m4a1 with scope, bipod, multi railings, flashlight mod, basic stock, 3 30 round clips for it and about 300 bullet. Check! Military grade pistol with 3 clips and 150 bullets Check! (no scope yet :C). 15 Soda cans, a canteen, a water bottle, 15 cans of food, can opener, med supply packs (bandages, pills, epi pen, purification tablets, and blood transfusion kit), biggest book bag in the game, pristine military bullet resistant helm, pristine military bullet resistant vest, pants and jacket holding 6 slots each. check check check check... I think I'm pretty loaded

5. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

I've been playing the standalone for a few days now and it is still very much an alpha. I haven't logged in today because I broke my legs in the Black Forest (exploring a house) when I glitched through the stairs. Civilization is very far away.

6. scotch222

If you have some rags and a stick you can make a splint, or if you have an epipen it fixes it. If you dont have either I am only a few km south west of you and have an epipen in my med kit

7. scotch222

Update: Now giving away a M4A1 (basic sights, stock, and handgrip) with 1 60 round clip and 1 30 round clip (ammo included plus extra), a FN with 1 15 round clip with 50 extra ammo, food/water. I have too much stuff and might as well give it to players who need it. eightnine I am now outside black forest with an extra epipen for your legs as well as a small supply drop if you need it

8. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

I actually made it through the forest! Haha. On my next login, my legs magically restored themselves. My victory was short lived, though. Soon after, I found myself dead from another bug in the game. Oh, alpha game, why must you be so cruel? Do you have a server you play regularly?

9. Tsukasa Kun

Tsukasa Kun Stars of the Forums

• Like Like x 1
  10. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

I started playing the standalone version about a month ago and I haven't experienced any game breaking glitches so far. It's a pretty entertaining game :3

11. Tsukasa Kun

Tsukasa Kun Stars of the Forums

Shameless video promotion - highlights of a 2 hour stream

• Like Like x 2
  12. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

This is the standalone? I haven't checked in on the development progress of it in a while. It looks like they've added some stuff.

13. chansuke

chansuke Member

Theyve added quite a bit. I havent played since the last LAN party I was at. The sight of six fully geared people sure put the fear of God into some players. Next LAN is in two weeks, so might have some more fun there.