Creative Creative Spawn Contest

Discussion in 'Creative Server Events' started by Dzyriq, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

We are in need of a good spawn on our creative server and we want it made by a player.

Some may ask "Why should I join the contest?" here are 2 reasons why:
    1: Your build gets to be the spawn @ /spawn
    2: You get the Super Donator rank on the Survival server if you win, if you are already and Super Donator you can gift the rank to another player of your choosing at anytime.

Here is the catch: There is a chance that there will be No Winner. Your Build has to be worthy of a spawn build.

The people who get to vote are:
    Overseers only

What to think of when you build:
    We want a high quality build that can communicate good information to all our visitors.
    We want it to look very good as it is a our Creative servers spawn.
    You may pick any theme you want.
    The Build should cover most of the plot and be easy to navigate.

Prizes: On the survival server
    Super Donator

Prizes: On the PvP server
    Not Decided yet

Last day to submit your Build is April 1'st

To submit you reply to this post with answers to these questions:
    What is your in game name?
    Post a picture of your creation.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Wiiillx

Wiiillx Well Known Member

Could you give an example of "Information." Not sure what you mean by this since there arent many rules - like a command list i.e /plotme? Thanks.

3. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

Well. I asked Natbyte if by entering the contest that you would have to add the rules and information about the server in your build. He said that he would do that. :) If that is what you mean Wiiillx.

4. Wiiillx

Wiiillx Well Known Member

What exactly does Dzy mean by "information" though... o_O

5. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

Maybe after it is done, the signs that the OS's put down.. I do not know for sure

6. tiger213138

tiger213138 Member

Why is the Deadline so Far Can't it be like March 15th or so April 1st is giving us Alot of time which is un-needed i am and i was wondering instead of gifting SD can you ask for a few commands and such?

7. Dzyriq

We want you to make a Quality build with lots of detail and such. The spawn on the survival server took Bsp, Nat, Exavious & I plus a few others more than 3 weeks to do. Even with the full support of worldedit and creative mode. So don't underestimate the effort we want put into a good looking spawn.

You don't have to be in creative mode to be creative and build cool stuff. But you have to be creative to be able to use creative mode to its full potential.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Hmm.. My project only takes up like 1/4 of a plot size, but I think I'll submit it anyways.
    It's rather small, but with detail in immense focus.

9. Dzyriq

Well you have plenty of time to improve it

10. TechTeller

TechTeller Forum Legend

Currently building a giant mountain - some of you may have seen - any help is welcome!

11. tiger213138

tiger213138 Member

I think The person who wins this should design or atleast help build future spawns

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Silentkiller584

Silentkiller584 New Member

If a person helps me with this build and we win; will we both get the super donator?

13. Hawkeyes

Hawkeyes Active Member

No, they are only rewarding one prize. Even if you build as a team.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tiger213138

tiger213138 Member

It should not Be the Staff's Job to build things for the players Players should build the spawn Because we joined this server for a reason- To play and have fun. The Staff however dedicate a portion or there life to this and i think its unfair that they should have to Work when they should just guide the players and help them. If the Staff build everything for us.. what is even the point of playing on the server. I can help build anything the staff throw at me taking 1 minute to a month. I just think there should be certian players that build The spawns and the Staff vote on a theme. It is time for change agree or not i will not back down.

15. monktiger

monktiger Well Known Member

Lets not forget that guiding and helping players is probably more work than playing around and actually playing the game for once, whether its building a spawn or event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

The staff are really involved in the server. That's their job. If they want to build for the players they can.
    I'm entering this contest because I would like to see something that I built incorporated into the server and for enjoyment of building something for the server. I love to build, that's what I do, and that is what I'm going to do. I'm not an explorer, miner, I'm a builder! Anyways, have fun building :)

17. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Interesting seeing the highest donator rank being given out as a reward for building something on the creative server, thats a first for sure. Even more so is being able to gift that rank to anyone even if they didn't help. Its interesting seeing these cross-server reward systems becoming more frequent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

I think they would have given something on the creative server. Maybe if there were more ranks *cough cough* but since there isn't it makes sence :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I don't really mind the Donator rank being given as a reward because they are donating a lot of time and effort into doing a service for the server, a little taken aback that its a superdonator rank of $50 though. But who am I to say what a good spawn they don't have to build is worth to them ;)

That said, I don't really care for the reward as I'm already a SD but I shall be entering in the contest regardless to make sure you guys are putting forth your best effort to beat me so we get a great spawn here :D good luck to all and let the games begin!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. kingofpie222

kingofpie222 Stars of the Forums

No it isn't. Giving someone a rank is not the same as giving them money. The rank is something that stays within the server. You cannot refund a donation to go spend the money elsewhere.

Well not only that, but the giving of a rank does not incur a tangible loss like giving away money would. Nat loses nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.