How to get cash on minecraft server

Discussion in 'Minecraft Server Tutorials' started by daisychain12345, Jun 9, 2013.

1. daisychain12345

There are many methods players on our great server use to get cash and some have been used everywhere and will never change but others use some of the unique plugins this server has such as /sell hand. I have come to find this the most useful command in all of minecraftserver with /fly being a close second. The main reason I have decided to create this thread is because is frequently get requests for enderdollars (Ed) the servers in game currency) and I will always help them to the extent that I am not being taken advantage of. Noobs and prominent players alike have asked me for Ed and I will from now on do my best to help you but will also refer you to this thread.

I will rank these in order of slowest to fastest and then I will give tips on most reliable ways.

-slowest-
    1. Mining- I have seen very few people get rich off of mining without huge dedication and time.

-moderate-
    1. Making cake- this method is practical for players who have a high patience level and are good with a crafting table. NOTE: a small private farm is recommended for this method, or else you will need to start off with some Ed in order to purchase supplies. Also this method requires you to hold the cake in your hand and type /sellhand for highest selling price.
    2. "Trading"- buying items at a low price and selling them when value goes up. NOTE: this method requires a decent amount of Ed to start with or it will take forever. Also recommended items are diamonds, emeralds, beacons- if you have the cash, PLAYER HEADS IN AUC!

-fast-
    1. Sugarcane farming- farming sugarcane, and selling it by the inventory, which yields 1059 Ed and at large farms that you can buy perms to EX: daisyfarms EX: Werreltec farms are the best places to do this. Perms for Werreltec farms are 10k and daisyfarms specializes in sugarcane farming and offers a 3 Dan trial that allows noobs to earn the money for perms which cost 9k for daisyfarms!

I have personally tested each one of these methods and find sugarcane farming to be the best hope this post helps all you newbies and veteran players alike!!

Daisychain12345

PS. If there is anything you think I should edit in leave a comment below!

Keep in mind that none of the methods out there that are within the rules are a road to instant riches, everything takes time and that is what makes things fun, you have a challenge. This is why I am strongly against X-ray etc, they take away from the fun of the game by taking the challenge out of minecraft and trust me, being a former x-rayer it sucks the game is no longer fun and the ban is even worse :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. coolskimmpyss

coolskimmpyss Active Member

I have my own sugarcane farm that I like because I can have a few chests and a stargate there. Also if you make your own farm its free, but it takes time to make. If you have time, and are going to be farming sugarcane allot, make your own farm, so you can make it how you like it.

3. daisychain12345

I agree cool but for most members purposes purchasable farm perms are much more convenient

4. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Want to get rich?
    Save, that's what I did for 7 months.
    Even though I have more money than I know what to do with I still cringe at spending more than 10k at a time. It's a good habit, trust me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. daisychain12345

fill this is a good habit but most players arent that patient and would probably scoff at that idea...so i excluded it i did the same thing only for a shorter period of time and am still living off of that money buy i used sugarcane and combined that with your method :)

6. ItsBuffalo

ItsBuffalo Active Member

I have been farming sugar cane a lot since I joined the server. I quickly reached 2000 herbalism which granted me auto replant for wheat, potato's, and carrots. I have found that harvesting wheat with auto replant and /fly have had me even more money then just harvesting sugar cane. With wheat, you can /sell hand with both the seeds and the wheat, which turns a great profit.

My suggestion: Farm sugar cane until you reach 2,000 herbalism and then switch to farming wheat, especially if you have /fly. This is a great way to get money.

Using these methods alone I have reached a total amount of ED at $1203834.87 - I have reached the 1 million stage within 2 months of farming sugar cane + wheat. This is how I make my money, and best tip I can give is to SAVE your money whenever possible. You never know when your going to have to spend a quick 100k

• Like Like x 1
  7. daisychain12345

that is really impressive, i have only gotten 1 million i dont think i am patient enough to earn more than that...

8. daisychain12345

And for all of you that have all these advanced ways keep in mind this is for "noobs"

By the way i am open to helping all player with their ed needs

9. ItsBuffalo

ItsBuffalo Active Member

I would also like to add, that you need patience farming these things. You can not farm once or twice and expect to get rich. Its doesn't happen that easy. I have spent 4+ a day before, just farming sugar cane. It takes a lot of work and time to make a lot of money.

10. FillWerrel

Staff Member Newshound

Try saving for 7 months. Think about me, running that farm, when the first 15 members admitted in to the farm for a 50k membership fee, plus all the others. Plus farming to level 1,000. Without spending a dime.
    JUST SAYING.
    It does pay off, although I don't know if we have that much time left in our map for the strategy I go for..
    Also: My pet peeve is when people brag, and I'm starting to push it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. daisychain12345

That is absoluteley true i will edit that in right now

• Like Like x 1
  12. FillWerrel

Staff Member Newshound

Despite all I have said, I did make a pretty embarrasing money-sink quite a number of months ago, which was buying the servers first beacon from nat for 500k. But it's not all bad to spend money every once in a while! :p
    Yes, I filmed it, duh.

Video is quite outdated. I am no longer an annoyingly slow typer..

13. daisychain12345

There is one more paragraph that i added go check it out.

14. daisychain12345

15. ItsBuffalo

ItsBuffalo Active Member

Looks good Daisy!

16. daisychain12345

that was a while ago willix was a mod /helper i cant tell

17. daisychain12345

18. SkippyDinga

SkippyDinga Active Member

what about...an automatic sugar cane farm costing around 200k to make, but yields 3k worth of sugar cane per 10 minutes...did i mention it harvests and puts it into chests for you?

19. FillWerrel

Staff Member Newshound

Then I'd say that's a pretty smart money sink.
    If you ever finished it.

20. daisychain12345

lol i funded him fill