Redstone For Dummies

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by Natbyte, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

redstone_tutorial.jpg
    Always wanted to learn how to use Redstone to its full "power" but you do not know the basics? Well thats why I am here, below I will list the basic functions of certain Redstone items and also a video which will take you through the basic Redstone facts you need to know.

Redstone Wire
    • Mined from a Redstone ore with a iron pickaxe or higher.
    • You can place Redstone 15 times in one direction from its power source until you must have a new power source or a diode (repeater).
    • Redstone can not be place up the sides of blocks but will connect if there is 1 wire on top and 1 wire on the bottom.
    • You can find Redstone on most levels but the prime level is 36.
    Redstone Torch
    • Redstone torches can be crafted like a normal torch but replace the coal with Redstone wire.
    • A Redstone torch is a continous power output and will refresh the Redstone wire for another 15 blocks.
    • Redstone torches will power the block above them and one block next to that powered block.
    Diode (Redstone Repeater)
    • Mainly use to build circuits and can be compacted so the circuit is smaller
    • There are three settings on a Diode; Fast, Medium and Slow. Once you place the Diode it will start on fast but by hitting the end of the Diode you can change the state.
    • Once the circuit is activated by a lever, button or a pressure plate it will keep repeating until you stop it by removing a Redstone wire or flicking the switch.
    • If you place a diode at the 14th wire it will refresh the current so it can carry on for another 15 blocks.
    Here is a video that will take you through the basics of redstone.

Redstone Guide

I will be doing a more advanced redstone guide in the near future so stay tuned.

#1 Natbyte, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014