The Sims 4

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by FillWerrel, Jan 20, 2015.

1. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Hey all, if you're interested in The Sims please give this a read before you buy anything!

This is just a quick PSA for everyone who is a fan of The Sims and is possibly thinking of buying The Sims 4. I bought it yesterday and the first thing out of my entire experience that felt awful was the price I had to pay. 64.99 USD? Really?? This game is a better looking Sims 2 complete with loading screens around every corner. If origin is going to keep selling this piece of shit, at least make it cheap.

After giving 1/3 of my teenage paycheck to the cash cow EA, I installed the game. I had to block several pop ups that tried to trick me into buying shitty DLC that added a few ugly ass outfits and 1 new interaction while the game installed.

I played about an hour of the game, and immediately after that sinfully boring hour I submitted a request to return it for my money back which thankfully was granted.

THE ONE thing I'm happy about in regards to actual gameplay is multitasking and the mood system. The Sims 3 is better in every other aspect. Games should be adding additional content and reworking old systems rather than removing giant things like pools and cars to make headway for stupid new interactions and graphics. Being an avid sims fan I thought I'd give this a shot, but I soon realized The Sims 3 is the dominant game, especially with a few mods that alter the story progression a bit which are very easy to install. If you need help installing TS3 mods just PM me.

TL;DR: The Sims 4 is garbage.

I wrote this on my phone, so sorry about things that may not make sense but I just wrote this to give you all a heads up if you're thinking about buying this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

Good thing you opted for a return that quickly, so far EA has been extremely sloppy lately. I've read on Wikipedia about them and twice... yes twice they have won the "Worst Company in America Award." Plagued with criticism for overworked employees, game flops such as this Sims 4, Sim City 5, along with other shotty practices and false promises, it's no surprise their original fan base is giving them backlash. To quote one of my co-workers, "I'm never buying from EA again." They use to be a good company, I liked the Command & Conquer universes as well as some other odds-n-ends games by them. But times change and it seems like EA's going to either have to pull something big, and I mean BIG, or close the curtains on what is now a laughing stock of a brilliant concert.

3. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

I'm not far behind on anything. I just bought it and thought I'd share my experience..

4. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

Buy an eyepatch and a hat with crossbones. That's more fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

Thinking before you buy is a good practice as you don't want to buy something that has faults off the bat that increase chances of leading to a full product failure or impossibility to use. I find it interesting that here in this thread we put out an argument about thinking before you make a purchase, either by reading rating posts on Amazon or reading about game play on a forum such as you see here.

From what I can tell in this first post though, there is no mention of how this game's time of release or the fact of any time segments that provide any indication of supporting your claim. Reality, yes the game and information is of last year due to when it was released as well as ratings and opinions of the game and DLC to come. But as to be expected the game is going to be out for some time from now.

A, off point of the topic, is that this is "last years news" due to how early it is in the year. This post was written up on January 20, 2015 started at 3:54 PM MST. So far looking into the news, not much has happened news wise accept for small community events and maybe a few spurts of political jargon.

Back to topic, we didn't intend this to be about when the game came out, when the news got around or started. We intended this to be a potential warning of things taken into account by one individual and what they see in a game. If you buy the game for yourself and like it or dislike it that's on you. The thread was created to remind you that thinking about purchases before making them proves useful and is a good way of preventing you from wasting money and time, regardless of when the item came out.

Post type up finished on January 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM MST

• Like Like x 1
  6. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

Oh well, EA is still better than Ubisoft, at least I get a functional decent product out of them at times.

7. scotch222

scotch222 Well Known Member

*cough simcity cough* DRM so fun

8. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

Why would you even purchase a game that you know can't get any better than the 4th one exactly?