Creative Creative Spawn Contest

Discussion in 'Creative Server Events' started by Dzyriq, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNPro

MNPro Active Member

I believe increased WE size limit will possibly be a perk for new ranks.​

2. monktiger

monktiger Well Known Member

I don't see the difference between wanting your area completely dug up from x to y and wanting it completely removed from x to y (ofc I'm not saying dug as in having the os's grab a shovel and start digging). I was also referring to large scale world edits, not just a few layers. You want a giant hole, I want a giant box, others maybe made a mistake and want x block completely converted to y block.
    If this wasn't a competition it wouldn't matter, but since it is than what one person gets, everyone gets to keep it fair.
    I would say to maybe give everyone the option to have their plot completely emptied for the competition, but even that might not make things fair since, for example, some people may need just the opposite of having their plot emptied.

Also, since the prize is of no use to you and you just want to make an awesome spawn, and since (in my eyes) the only thing keeping them from helping you with your project is the fact that this is a competition, then why not exit the competition and just build an awesome spawn? They did say that there can be no winners, which means anyone can make a spawn, whether they are in the competition or not. Tbh, I'm sure they would feel even better about choosing a build for the spawn without having to give away a SD rank.

I still think 100 blocks world edit is faster than breaking/placing by hand. You can just do the command, then /ch g, and repeat.

3. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

Just because he wants to just make an amazing spawn does NOT mean he has to drop the competition, in the first post ofthis thread, or somewhere in this thread, I do think it says you CAN give it to someone of your choice. He might want his best bud or maybe an alternate account ( if he has one ) to have the SD rank. Don't try to get someone to back out of the comptetion because they just want to build something awesome, that can be way better than what you build. It's not cool to do something like that. :/

4. monktiger

monktiger Well Known Member

First of all, I don't plan on entering the contest since I don't have time for it. Having larger world edit powers may change that, but just like the problem exav is having, I'm having, and we both just don't want to be bothered with it. He already stated that he has no use for the prize and his soul purpose is to create an awesome spawn, and tbh if anyone is going to make a cool spawn its going to be him, but the competition is preventing him from doing so and he is already thinking of exiting the contest as stated in this thread. He can still beat everyone that is in the competition, even if he isn't actually in it, the only difference is he doesn't get a prize if he wins which doesn't matter to him. Maybe you didn't catch it, but the only reason I suggested leaving the competition is so he can get the staff to do the massive world edit he needs to continue with his build.
    )= please read the whole thread before accusing me of trying to get someone to back out of the competition for my own benefit. Its not cool to accuse me to do something like that. :/

5. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

I have upped the WorldEdit limits to 200 blocks, this will be the maximum for the Constructor rank, other ranks will have higher limits, upto 1,000 blocks.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  6. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Monks pretty much right. Even though its a 200 limit now its really just a matter of me not wanting to be bothered spamming a command literally 5 thousand times (previously 10 thousand times) to clear my plot. I've got a life, and the little free time I have to play minecraft im not going to use sitting there doing that i assure you. If I can't get the basic help of having a completely clear plot to do a service for the creative server then I just wont. And yes i said service... I have no intention of ever playing on the creative server, and I can't even use the reward should I win because I already have all possible perks via donation so there is nothing in it for me other than just wanting to help. So... somebody else can build it, we have plenty of decent builders so im sure something will be made they like well enough and at least they can use the reward whereas It would go to waste on me. Shame though, would of really loved to see it completed. Had big plans for it, *shrug*

Not saying I won't do something different with it and end up finishing it in another way, just that for now I'm not planning on continuing with it for the immediate time. Which i'm sure is a sigh of relief for some of you in the competition eh? ;) Might just wait until some other rank comes out with the "1k" block change perk and finish it then just so it doesn't sit there incomplete... assuming I can even get the rank easily enough. With 1k block changes it will only take me... oh... spamming 1k times... but hey 5x better than 5k times.

7. AltKiller5432

AltKiller5432 New Member

IGN:AltKiller5432

Attached Files:

8. TribalGiant

TribalGiant Member

Thinking about it... Like I need another project :D

9. Villa7

Villa7 Active Member

IGN: kluge5

2013-03-15_16.45.52.png

2013-03-15_16.46.18.png 2013-03-15_16.47.17.png 2013-03-15_16.47.59.png 2013-03-15_16.48.19.png

• Like Like x 5
  10. Luc Vandendriesschen

Would It be considered Cheating if I were to get some highly talented builders ( and me ) to build a spawn for the creative server? and they just leave the server after that........?? :p

11. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

i dont think so

12. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

I hope we do not have to write the rules in. If an upperstaff can conform or deny that then i do really need to know.

13. Villa7

Villa7 Active Member

Bobos, you answered your question on page 1... :p

• Ninja Ninja x 1
  14. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

no the best with Quote's are you ;)

15. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

..... Oh right.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. OwenClaxton

OwenClaxton Active Member

Holy Smokes
    Only just read this today (25th March) but I really want that super donator package!!!!
    5 days to build it!
    Here I Go!!!!!!

17. Luciano

Luciano Stars of the Forums

Just a quick question: are players allowed to have others building w/ them (for this contest)?

18. TechTeller

TechTeller Forum Legend

Yuup :/

19. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

I am trying to get into the server so I can get pictures for this contest in time... Well lets say vacationing when a contest you really want to enter is NOT a good idea....... I'm trying to get on....... :/ UGH!!
    EDIT: AND lets just say I don't know how to work a MAC computer :/

20. Jeremyhazz99

Jeremyhazz99 New Member

Ign: Jeremyhazz99
    Posting early because I'm going away this weekend. This is my third home so /p h:3 Jeremyhazz99
    About it: I separated it into four different buildings, The spawn room, a building for /plot commands, a building for world edit commands, and a building for featured/cool builds. And I made each building have its own theme
    pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg
    Edit: Sorry for the wall of images, I can't find the spoilers. :/

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.