Lets model

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by monktiger, Dec 9, 2012.

1. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

Spear head smaller or the shaft bigger, looks like a twig attached to a butcher's knife. Hate to be blunt, but no point in buttering it up if you want the criticism :p

2. monktiger

monktiger Well Known Member

Yes, I was thinking the same thing and might make the whole top smaller so everything is more in proportion.
    criticism is all that is needed ^^, I don't need anyone to keep saying everything is perfect. Please keep criticizing! or I wont even post the images ^_~

Edit- I changed the top part very little to make it smaller, and I added something to the stick part to fix the proportions. Looks better? I may increase the sticks length, or make more changes when I see how it looks next to the character.
    spearfix.jpeg

3. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

A shaft length increase would look good.

4. monktiger

stanky ban hammer. Theres 2 for a reason which will be clear in the vid.
    Im prob gana make those things sticking out of the handle string like.
    The first one is a lil plain, but its meant to be like that.
    banham.jpeg
    banhammer.jpeg

What should I add to the handle? Seems a lil plain.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gravings:D

6. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

Dont add anything for the 2nd one on the shaft. For the first, add engravings like UWD said.

7. Btw make the teeth a bit more... average? Not sharkish :eek:

8. monktiger

I will look into engraving things on the shaft, I did want to engrave something on the actual hammer though. Also, whats done to one of the handles, must be done to the other.

I like shark teeth =D, think of him as a lizard/reptile. (that is what his skin is after all, google images - minecraft lizard skin. stankies is the 2nd image shown for me.)

very simple bow and arrow which I might change some stuff later, seems to fat atm. Image is on an angle facing towards it. .
    bownarrow.jpeg

9. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

Skinny it out towards the end and add little slits where the string goes to make it more realistic. Add some detail to the feather of the arrow.

10. monktiger

There are already slits where the string goes. Ill see about making the ends of the bow a little more interesting. Though I don't care to much about the bows since theyll really only be seen for 5 seconds in the vid, then youll prob only see them from a distance which would make detail pointless. I also took the cheap way with the arrows by not having feathers in the back and just some metal type thing. Didnt want to be bothered with making the feather move realistically. For every more detail or motion you put, the longer the render T.T

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bigger arrow. :3
    That one looks small :eek:

12. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

Yeah, at full drawback the arrow would be too small.

• Like Like x 1
  13. EyesCream97

EyesCream97 Active Member

Any updates? :)

14. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

I like my banhammer - but can it have a glowy-bit on it. Maybe above the handle something blue and glowy? :)

As for my skin - I dig it - I like it better than the skin I'm actually using... which is actually this guy:

[​IMG]

Godzilla!​
    Still, I say go with what you are doing - it's better...

15. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

Oh and plug a big-ass diamond into the handle end of the special hammer.

16. DarkMagician6

DarkMagician6 Active Member

I had exact that doll when I was young! <3
    Also, add spikes to the hammer. :3

17. andyz118

andyz118 Active Member

All this talk of shafts and handles is giving me the shivers.
    Keeping it serious though this is f****** amazeballs keep it up bro <3

18. monktiger

hehe thanks all ^^, and I will be changing things around stanky.
    The reason there has been no updates is cuz there isn't any, but don't you worry, I'm spending a lot of time into this. However, that time is only on actually learning the program, not exactly working on this project. I wanted to make sure I did things right, and that I won't run into problems in the future when animating.
    3d modeling and animation is a fk ton of work ill tell ya that ^_~, more to it then meets the eye. I been trying to spend 4 hours a day learning the program through a website called 3dbuzz. I really like how they teach there, and I am paying 35$ a month to get access to their videos.
    Everything I did, will be redone or completely recreated from scratch. One thing you guys may not realize when dealing with 3d models is that even if it looks good, its geometry, face count, unneeded vertices, to many edges, ect.. can cause problems.
    Don't expect an update for a while cuz these videos are very detailed and don't teach you just how things are done, but why its done like that, what goes on behind the scene with the program when you do something, ect...
    Its very time consuming, but I'm giving it my best.
    After I feel Ive learned this program pretty well, Ima use the site to learn some after effects too probably.

I will try hard to make this the most epic minecraft video out there ^_~, and this wont just be one video. I have a mini story for it that would consist of maybe 8 videos (story has nothing really to do with the server, except for some parts).

19. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

Well I wish you the best and can't wait to see something...

20. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

Remember to "keep the end in mind".
    Don't add too many bumps and actual physical deformities, so that you can keep it "minecrafty". Look at how you are going to texture while also building the physical object - if you get away from the "box" too much it won't look minecrafty - e.g. minecraft sword compared to your pike. You can do many tricks with texturing, without going to the effort of physically forming the object (not that, that is difficult either).

(btw what program are you using?)

• Like Like x 1